Epoxy Floor Coating in Blind Maker Factory
Factory Epoxy Floor Coating
This project was done by the professional team of Epoxy Flooring Brisbane in a Blind maker Factory. Below is a summary of the step by step procedure of applying epoxy floor coating on an Industrial Warehouse Environment. Epoxy Coating is normally applied over concrete floors for a high-performance, smooth and durable surface which is attractive and can withstand heavy loads. Many Industrial sites, factories, and commercial buildings prefer to choose epoxy floors to keep their employees, machinery, and inventory clean and secure.
Epoxy Floor Coating Step By Step in a factory
If you’re thinking of doing a DIY Epoxy Floor Coating than the first step in applying the epoxy floor coating starts with cleaning the floor or surface. As epoxy coating needs a proper adhesion of a smooth and highly porous surface, cleaning and preparation is a must before applying the coating.
1. Preparing the Floor and Cleaning: The concrete must be fully cured and it is necessary to patch and repair all the cracks and chips in the concrete and remove any grease, oils, etc. The suitable and best method for preparing the concrete surface is sanding, diamond-grinding, shot-blasting across the entire floor space.
2. Checking and testing for sealant: To check whether the floor has a sealant, pour a small amount of water on the surface. If the water soaks in than the floor is not sealed but it forms beads on top of surface than the floor is already sealed.
3. Diamond Grinding to remove contaminations for a better bond of epoxy coating and surface: This preparation steps may be performed multiple times until the whole surface and concrete are ready for priming which might take several days.
4. Vacuum to remove dust and dirt from the surface
5. Apply Epoxy Primer and Finisher Coat like paint and allow it to settle for several hours,
6. The epoxy is spread using a roller to spread it out in a thin layer
7. Remove any excess materials from your industrial floor,
8. Wait for the industrial epoxy coating to fully cure and start business operations,
Once the epoxy coat has dried another layer of finishing coat is applied in the same manner. After allowing the floor to set overnight, the floor is shiny and ready like a showroom. For further maintenance and cleaning the epoxy floor can be just dust mopped, or vacuum as a regular floor.
Industrial Epoxy Floor Coating Advantages
Epoxy coating has many advantages compared to other traditional coatings on concrete:
- Creates a shiny high-gloss surface that enhances the brightness of the interior,
- Offers hard-wearing durable surface that withstands heavy traffic and load,
- Quick and easy installation,
- Epoxy Coating is best for industrial, warehouse, workshop, garage surface,
- Durable and easy to clean,
- Oil stain-resistant,
- Requires no or little maintenance