Preparation on Different Concrete Slab
Preparation of Concrete before Epoxy Coating
Epoxy Coating is not limited to residential garages and showrooms but they are also ideal for healthcare institutions, residential area. industrial settings, offices and many more.
Decorative epoxy coatings come in amazing colors and styles, including metallic, quartz and flake. Epoxy Flooring Brisbane has endless design capabilities which can change your ordinary-looking floor to extraordinary.
Epoxies are a hard-wearing substance which is resistant to oil, grease, chemicals, holds heavy traffic and also comes with a non-slip option. Proper Concrete preparation is essential before applying the epoxy coating which is also referred to as “epoxy paint”. Like any other paint or concrete resurfacing jobs, proper preparation of concrete is a must. Preparation of concrete floor includes; removing oil and paint spots, cleaning and degreasing the floor, concrete grinding, and vacuuming.
Things to consider before applying Epoxy Coating to the floor :
1. New slabs of concrete should be allowed to set fully for 30-60 days before the coating is applied,
2. Check for existing sealers on concrete, do not use epoxy if water beads up on the surface. The sealer should be removed by shot blasting
3. Existing coating or paints should be removed before news epoxy coating is applied,
4. Any cracks or concrete spalling should be filled,
5. Epoxy won’t be suitable for a damp or moist floor.